5/22/12

Flower Cart

In April's Third Thursday Tools
mentioned that Patterned Papers were 
my inspiration for Spring!

The next two weeks I will be 
crafting cards with patterned paper!


As you can see I love flowers!


I challenged you to visit and shop with one of your favorite retailers.
That is exactly what I did!
I purchased the Flower Cart stamp at
Peddler's Pack shop located in Beaverton, Oregon.

My color chart showing the colors that I chose to
coordinate with the patterned paper.
For the first time I colored with Distress Markers.
They are a joy and fun to color with!


First, I colored the cart part of the stamped image.
Using the Tim Holtz Water Brush (fine detail nib).
I picked up the color after applying it to the craft sheet.
Brushed Corduroy, Walnut Stain and Mustard Seed.

Second, I colored the flower pots in
Rusty Hinge and Chipped Saphire.


Then I began coloring the flowers!
I colored them directly on the watercolor paper.
Aged Mahogany and Spun Sugar for the flowers.
Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters for the leaves.
I did use the water brush to "blend" the colors slightly.


The middle flowers I choose blue shades.
Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky for the flowers.
Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters and Crushed Olive for the leaves.
A hint of Pumice Stone for the tags.


My final flowers were Dried Marigold and Spiced Marmalade.
Leaves were colored in Peeled Paint and Crushed Olive.


Added a few Jewel Candy Dots on the spokes and pink ribbon!



Now, it is time to start choosing the next color palate!

Imagination!
-Elaine

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft - Speckletone, Shades of yellow - Bazzill
Printed Paper: Floral - BasicGrey Picadilly Home Sweet Home, Dot - Fancy Pants Marbles
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink - Coffee
Stamps: Peddler's Pack Flower Cart
Coloring: Distress Markers
Embelllishments: Pebbles Jewel Candy Dots, Pink Ribbon - Flower Market
Tools: Tim Holtz Distress Tool and Water Brush, Tomboy Adhesive, Glue Dots, We R Memoires Corner  Chomper, Rubber Stamp Concepts Super Adhesive Tape, Fiskars Paper Cutter

No comments:

Post a Comment