5/25/12

Christmas in May

Turned on the Christmas music and had a fun day coloring!
Quite relaxing...coloring!

The stamp I choose is a Penny Black - Snowflake and Holly.
I thought it would be perfect with the patterned paper I had.
Deep Green Embossed Holly with Swirls.



I decided to try three different techniques to color using my Distress Markers.
With the three different techniques I used the same exact colors.
They all took on different shades of the colors.

No. 1 -  I colored directly onto the stamp with the Distress Markers.
Then I stamped the image on the cardstock.
The colors are very soft with a watercolor influence.

Colored on Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper.
No. 2 - After stamping the image I colored using
 Distress Markers directly on the Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper.
Blended so slightly with the water brush.
The colors are very deep and rich.


No. 3  - After stamping the image I picked up the
Distres Marker color off the craft sheet using the
Tim Holtz Water Color Brush.
The colors elegant and beautiful when watercolored.

Colored on SSS watercolor paper.

Now, the question is which one do I complete for my Christmas in May card?
I can't decide...so I am going to choose in the morning.
Check back!

Imagination!
-Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment