11/8/11

Angels!

Simply... Thank You for Angels!

Each morning I wake up before anyone in the house is awake. I enjoy the quietness outside, watching the sun rise and my first cup of coffee. This is my time. On weekday mornings I go to my computer and read blogs on papercrafting, flower designing and Oregon Wines.

One morning 4 months ago there was a papercrafting blog written about a very special young women, Katie. I linked to Katie's blog and read her thoughts, emotions, courage and the gifts she shared with us. 

I followed her blog since that day. Katie was a Papercrafter for 11 years, a Wife and Mother to 3 little boys.

On December 23, 2010 Katie shared in her blog that she was diagnosed with Stage 4 Gastric Cancer. A incurable disease. From that day she and her husband, Kevin spoke about trials of this disease. 

This morning as I was enjoying my coffee and reading the blogs, I got to Katie's blog. A sense of sadness came over me - Kevin shared with us that Katie passed away, on Monday, November 7th.

I went back in her blog and read the sentence that Katie wrote in her blog on October 16th that has great meaning to me.

"The funny thing though is that I think I'll miss my crafting as much as anything else.  I think of "crafting" almost like a 4th child... weird?  Do any of you think like that?" 

Yes, I do think like that! As I craft today, I will be thinking about Katie a women I have never met. A women who I admired her strength and kindness.

Katie is a one of the special Angels in Heaven!
Thank you for Angels!
-Elaine



No comments:

Post a Comment