8/1/12

Collage

What is Collage?
My definition is placing one "thing" on top of another "thing".

What is the "thing"?
Stamps, coloring and adding embellishments.


This Papillon stamp by Stampers Anonymous was on my shopping list
after taking the Creative Chemistry class taught
 by the expert on Collage  - Tim Holtz.
Then when it appeared on the supply list for Stretch your Stamps.
I had to have it!

First I colored in the shades of blue. 
Hero Arts Shadow Ink Soft Pool.
Distress Ink Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire.
I applied the ink color using Tsukineko Sponge Daubers
 after masking off the color blocks using Eclipse Tape.


Once the color blocking was dry I heat embossed
the butterflies on top of the color block.

Then I stamped the wording on top of the 
color block and the butterflies.


At this point I could of added a type of embellishment.
I choose a clean Collage!

Tip #2
Type of inks you use to color white cardstock with.
Distress Inks we all know are wonderful for this technique.
Hero Arts Shadow Inks blended very clear. 
I can't tell a difference between the colored cardstock background piece
 and the Hero Arts Ink that I sponged on white cardstock.

Please share what inks you like to sponge or blend on white cardstock?

Next Stamp - Border!

Imagination!
-Elaine

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft- Speckletone, Pool Blue from my stash, White - Flourishes Classic White
Inks: Hero Arts Shadow Ink Soft Pool, Distress Ink - Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire, Adirondack Mushroom
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Papillon- Tim Holtz Collection
Embossing: VersaMark, Stampendous Embossing Powder Pearl White, Martha Stewart Heat Gun
Tools: Tsukineko Sponge Daubers, Tim Holtz Distress Edger




No comments:

Post a Comment