3/25/12

Christmas in March

Christmas Trees!

One of my most special parts of Christmas is the Tree.
It is very relaxing sitting by the Christmas Tree 
having a glass of wine and looking at the lights and ornaments.

Do you remember this photo?


It is from my blog Third Thursday Tools, November 2011.
Now, you can see the card finished!


The swirls on this tree was perfect to heat emboss.
Matched a printed cardstock.
Heat embossed Merry Christmas in white embossing powder.

I spend one day putting the lights on the tree and the next day the ornaments.
Perhaps my Christmas Card in April will have ornaments!



Imagination!
-Elaine

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft - Speckletone, Red - Bazzill, Print - BasicGrey - Jovial, White - Flourishes
Embossing Powder: Green - Martha Stewart, White - Stampendous  Pearl White
Stamps:  Tree - Hero Arts, Sentiment - Papertrey Ink Holiday Photo Finishers
Tools: Heat Gun - Martha Stewart, Adhesive - Tomboy, Cutting Tool - Fiskars

2 comments:

  1. A lovely and simple Christmas card. I like the frame of designer paper between the mats, and the tree is a beautiful stamp. The embossing gives it a special quality. So good to get the Christmas cards done early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, I am enjoying using patterned paper in crafting cards. I am thinking about using it a my "tool" in Third Thursday Tools. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete