10/20/11

Third Thursday Tools!

I remember crafting when the tools we used were a great pair of scissors, perhaps Fiskars brand and a cutting board. The cutting board was the large piece of cardboard that we used to cut out patterns for sewing or I got out my Mom's favorite wood cutting board from her kitchen.  Mom wasn't very happy when she found the indentions in her wood cutting board. However, she appreciated the projects we were creating! 


Now, there so many handy, creative, inventive and "good old" tools we have to create our papercraft projects. The Third Thursday of each month I am going to blog about a tool I use each time I am creating cards.


  I encourage you to comment on your favorite tool that you are using.
 I know we all have our current favorite tool! 

My first tool to highlight is the Magnetic Mat and Craft Sheet!



When I begin to stamp and color with markers or pencils the first tool I use is the
 Magnetic Precision Mat from BasicGrey



What I like about this mat:
Size - 15X15 inches is perfect for placing your cardstock on the mat for stamping or coloring
Texture - The mat has very soft/ clean (not rubber) feeling to create on
Weight - It feels sturdy and slightly flexible
Metal Core - Magnetic Ruler and tacks stays in place 
Whit Grid Markings - It is lined by 1/8 of a inch - very easy to use!

When I start to use Distress Inks, Distress Stains and heat embossing the first tool I use is the
Craft Sheet from Ranger







What I like about this craft sheet:
Size - 15X18 inch craft sheet is enough space for placing the cardstock and mixing ink with water       
Texture - Very thin and rolls out flat, non-porous ( hint- do not fold)
Reusable -  Nothing sticks to the craft sheet - easy to clean with dry cloth
Safe - Heat resistant

I enjoyed sharing with you one of my favorite tools, please comment your favorite tool!

-Elaine

Note -  No product or advertising dollars have been given to me from either companies, just want to share!






No comments:

Post a Comment