10/1/15

Top Ten - Floral #8

Botanical Name - Dahlia
Common Name - Dahlia





What is there not to love about Dahlias?

The variety of Dahlias are amazing!
42 Different Species!
Size - from 2 inches to 1 foot - a dinner plate!

Colors range from soft to bold colors!
Multi- color blends!



 Before I show you the Dahlia Card that I crafted
I want to share a coloring tip:

I had mentioned the Copic Color Hex Chart -
The chart had me stretch out of my comfort zone
and choose new colors combinations!

Be sure to look at the supply list for Copic Colors!
Two of my favorite colors for Dahlias are 
Yellow - the color of Sunshine!
Coral - gives me Happiness!



Re-purposed the Printed Paper!
The printed paper was on my blog in June 2012 - 
Summer! Spark your Creative Spirit!



Don't the small cup Dahlias remind you of Ric-Rac?




The photos were taken at the
Located in Canby Oregon!




In the Willamette Valley of Oregon
Dahlias can bloom from June to October!


I can only hope my Dahlia Cutting Garden
looks as beautiful as Swan Island Gardens!  


Nourish!
 Word for 2015! -Elaine

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft - Paper Source, Black, Goldenrod and Coral - Bazzill
Printed Paper: Authentique Collection -Blissful "Happiness"
Ink: Adirondack - Espresso
Stamps: Flourishes - Dahlias
Colors: Copic Sketch Markers - 
Y11,Y19,Y23,Y32,Y35,R00,R83,R85,RV11,RV34,RV55,RV66,WO,W1,W3,W5,
G20,G21,G82,G94
Die Cut: Spellbinders Scalloped Ovals Large, Cuttlebug
Embellishments: American Craft Coral Ric-Rac, Doodlebug Spring Sprinkles, Uni-Ball Signo Pen - White
Tools- Fiskars Paper Cutter, Tomboy Adhesive














No comments:

Post a Comment