11/15/12

Third Thursday Tools

Simply...the Color Brown!



When stamping an image on to white paper 
99% of the time I use Adirondack - Espresso ink to stamp my image.
Dark Brown the color of soil - or as known "dirt".
And, we all know where flowers are planted... in dirt!

Why not black?
Just my opinion but the color black seemed harsh when coloring florals.
I want the color of the flowers to be the focus point.

Now, don't get me wrong I love the color of Black...
most of my clothing options are black
(from my Nordstrom days).
Or at least paired with Black!

I have noticed on many blogs that designers are trying
 new colors to stamp an image.
From shades of gray, brown and even black.

The photo above is an amazing idea shared in the
 Kick Start - On LIne Card Class by Kelly Rasmussen (guest artist).

Now, I am challenging myself to use different shades of the color brown.
I choose my colors from my Ink Swatch Tags!


I will be coloring Autumn images stamped with
Archival Ink and Memento Dye Ink in different shades of brown. 

Between now and Thanksgiving (just one week away) 
I will show you on the finished colored cards!

Please check back!

Imagination!
Elaine






No comments:

Post a Comment