11/5/11

Education!

Simply...Thank You for Education

I am a firm believer in Education, learning a new skill or subject that interests you.

I think of Julia Child, amazing Chef who began her cooking classes in her late 30's and published her cookbook Mastering the Art of French Cooking at 51 years old.

You are probably wondering why I am blogging about a Chef on a 
papercraft and floral blogspot?
It was Julia's excitement discovering her passion.
 Educating herself and sharing her knowledge and skills with others.

Last weekend in Portland, Oregon I had the pleasure of attending the
 Standard Certification Copic Class and the Intermediate Copic Class.



I learned and re-learned new and exciting techniques coloring with Copic Markers.
Colleen, Marianne, Jenn and Sharon shared their knowledge and skills using
 Copic Markers by blending the colors to "pop" right off the page.

Also, I met a group of amazing women who are following one of their passions.
Two of those women are Sarit and Holly.

        Sarit traveled from Israel to attend the class, yes Israel.
 Sarit owns a Scrapbook store in Israel.
She shared with me her culture, country and the importance of family to her.

Holly colors beautifully. We thought it would be fun to color together.
 Holly and myself would like to start a Copic Color group in the Portland area.
 If you would like to join us please leave a comment on this blog.
One of us will contact you with the date, location and time.

Now, it is official I am Copic Certified!
I look forward to begin teaching Copic Coloring!
If would like to attend a class please leave a comment. I will contact you!



     Copic Color is a fun website. 
You can fill in a color chart with the Copic markers that you have.
 And you can create a list of colors that you would love to have.
 Perhaps a Dear Santa letter could be linked!

Enjoy!
-Elaine


No comments:

Post a Comment