6/10/12

Moments

On Friday, June 8th we honored a Navy Veteran.
Which for me was a bittersweet moment.

Clifford G. Lisle
1927-2011

As the guns fired in salute, taps were played
and the American Flag was folded 
thought of the loss of my Father-in-Law.
A moment of time.

Driving home Ed and his Mother spoke of the 
moments with Cliff that we remember strongly.
Mine were simple but beautiful moments.
 Ed and Cliff cleaning corn for a family barbecue.
Driving Cliff to a softball game to watch his Great- Granddaughters play.
Having coffee with Cliff early in the morning before anyone woke up.
Those conversations with that coffee.
My wedding to his son, Ed.

And, as I placing flowers in Cliff's Memorial Wreath
 I thought what a honor it was for me to create his floral tribute.




A Memorial Wreath filled with
Freedom and Sasha Red Roses, Akito White Roses, Hydrangea,
Calla Lilies, Freesia and Delphinium.

Over the weekend I have begun Thanking Cliff for the
blessings and the greatest gift he gave me. His son, Edward.

-Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment